WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRINK BLEACH


WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRINK BLEACH? Bleach for household use has many uses. It
is good for removing stains and disinfecting surfaces. Adding bleach to water is an effective
way to make it safe to use as drinking water. However, there is a reason why there is a
poison symbol in a chlorine container and a warning to keep it away from children and
pets. Drinking undiluted bleach can kill you This is what really happens if you drink Each bottle of toxic household chemicals,
including bleaches, drain cleaners, furniture cleaners, and window cleaners, comes with
a prominent warning: DO NOT DRINK. Clearly, if you decide to drink a bottle of
Drano, you will be visited with incalculable horrors. But what would those horrors imply,
exactly? The results of drinking chlorine depend on
several factors, including the concentration and amount of bleach ingested. Drinking a small amount of bleach diluted
with water is not likely to cause harm. The EPA recommends adding eight drops of bleach
to one gallon of water for disinfection in the event of a flood. However, drinking chlorine directly from the
bottle causes burns in the esophagus and potential poisoning. If a person has swallowed bleach,
observers should provide first aid and call emergency services. Do not induce vomiting, as it exposes the
esophagus and mouth to the chemist a second time. People who suffer this type of poisoning
should go to a hospital. Treatment at the hospital includes a feeding
tube through the nose to allow emptying of the stomach, an endoscopy to determine the
extent of damage and the administration of intravenous fluids. Even when a person has ingested household
bleach, the prognosis is usually good, especially with early intervention.